Rosh Hashanah Dinner 2011 Menu

by Linda Capeloto Sendowski on September 22, 2011

007-3

I want to wish everyone a happy and a healthy New Year.  I hope you all enjoy your families and food.  This is what I am planning to serve:

STARTERS:
Wine
Challah with Honey
Simanim for Yehi Ratzones:
Apples with Honey
Kufte de Prassa (leaks)
Pumpkin Borekas (squash)
Panjar Fritters (beets)
Pescado con Tomat (fish)
Fijones (black-eyed peas)
Head of Fish (just look at it)
Medjool Dates

Strawberry Rhubarb Pavlova
Chocolates and Dried Fruits
Mint Tea

Print This Print This | PDF version

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Amy September 23, 2011 at 7:17 AM

How do you figure out what two main dishes go together? I always try to make two main dishes, but they usually clash. I’ve all but given up. Please help!

Thanks,
Amy

Greek Girl from Queens September 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Such a stunning table setting that is truly so welcoming and a feast for the eyes in itself, and such absolutely beautiful food to be served and thoroughly enjoyed. Absolutely wonderful and inspiring, Linda!

I wish you, your family and friends not only a beautiful, delicious dinner but a sweet and joyful Rosh Hashana and throughout the year.

Greek Girl from Queens September 23, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Oh! And I wish all the readers of your blog much joy and happiness this Rosh Hashana, as well.

Norma September 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Hi Linda,

I agree with Greek Girl your table and recipes are wonderful and inspiring. I am making the raisin challah right now to freeze for the holiday. Your blog has inspired me to bake new things and I love it!

Wishing you, your family and all your readers a happy and healthy Rosh Hashana.

Greek Girl from Queens September 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Good idea to make the raisin challah in advance. I think I will follow your lead and do the same this weekend. Have a lovely and joyful new year, Norma – and your family, too.

Linda Capeloto Sendowski
Twitter: theborekadiary
September 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Hi Amy, I always make a poultry dish Chicken, turkey, cornish hen and a red meat dish, beef, lamb, veal. If one is stuffed or fussy, the other should be simpler. Good luck