Do you like the moist flavor of yogurt cakes with fruits? Last week I tried this combination. Fantastic as a coffeecake or have a slice for breakfast.
This is what I did for White Peach and Macadamia Nut Yogurt Cake
Serves 8 to 10 or less..
2 extra large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain Greek Yogurt (full fat or 2%)
1/3 cup sunflower oil
2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1 and 1/ 2 cups ground Macadamia nuts (I found them in the farm market or you could grind your own)
1 and 1/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
1/ 4 teaspoon salt
2 medium white peaches, ripe, peeled, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter
One 9 inch round cake pan with 2 inch sides
1. Heat oven to 350°F convection bake.
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until thick and light.
3. Next, add yogurt, oil, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla to eggs and whisk to combine all.
4. Measure flour, ground macadamias, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of liquid ingredients in the order given. Gently whisk flour into liquid batter.
5. Grease cake pan with butter, sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of pan, then, spread peach slices in a concentric pattern on top.
6. Add batter to cake pan, on top of peaches. Spread to smooth top with a spatula. Place cake pan in middle of oven and bake for about 35 to 38 minutes. Remove cake from oven when tester inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
7. Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Then, run a knife around edges of cake and invert cake onto a plate.
8. Keep refrigerated or freeze.
Leave a Reply